Office Management Certification Program
An ODX Exclusive
OD Excellence continues to lead the way in innovative new programs for the optometric community. To complement our rich set of programs for ODs, ODX launched the "Office Manager Certification Course (OMCC)."
"I have managed a moderate sized practice for 20 years. Having an MBA degree, I was "just sure" I wouldn't learn anything new with this series...I was wrong!!!...and gladly so." --Brister Shum
The first of its kind to feature education, testing, certification and continued enhancement and support, the OMCC program delivers critical information and training to ensure your practice excels through the efforts of your entire staff.
The Office Manager Certification Course is a 12-hour program that enables attendees to master the skills necessary to excel as an Office Manager in an Eye Care practice. Once the course is complete, students must pass a rigorous exam to ensure they have attained the skills required to receive designation as a "Certified Office Manager."
Office Manager Certification Course
Schedule: Our online course is the first and second Tuesday of each month from January to June 2017.
- Managing staff: evaluation, hiring, dismissing, motivating staff, stress management in the office
- Delegation of authority: prioritization, accountability
- Timeline management: staff scheduling, patient scheduling
- Meeting management: agenda setting, delegation of reporting responsibilities
- Day to day operations: accounting, budgets, managing expenditures
- Office organization and systems structure
- Legal and ethical aspects of management
- Improving financial performance: fees, credits and collections
- Goal setting
- Handling difficult people
- Handling difficult situations
*The certificate will expire three years after the date of completion. A brief re-certification course and test will be offered every three years from that point on. This will ensure every office manager has the most up to date information. .
Cost: $495 for ODX Members, $795 for non-members.
Attendance is strictly limited, so please don't delay in signing up your staff.